We are wrapping up our measurement unit in Math, and we’ve learned a lot about area and perimeter. For the next few days we’ll be working on a project designing a zoo. Here are the criteria for our zoos:
- the zoo must be 23 m by 35 m
- must have cages for rabbits, pigs, goats, ponies and donkeys, and sheep
- each section must be clearly labelled
- each section must be rectangular
- the area and perimeter of each section must be indicated, and you must show how it was calculated
- each section must be appropriate for the size of the animal (for example, the rabbits shouldn’t have the biggest cage!)
- your work should be neat and attractive
Students had the choice to work alone or with one partner.
Here are some photos of us working on our zoos. Stay tuned for pictures of our finished projects!